A hemostatic bandage that stops bleeding is intended for the needs of the army
- Sterile, ready to use
- 80% less chance of rebleeding
- Easy to use and painless removal
- Can be cut, folded and inserted into a wound
- Active from all sides
- Hypoallergenic, no known side effects
MIL88 (Military) – Axiostat ® is a sterile, single-use, non-absorbable hemostatic dressing designed for the military for the temporary control of bleeding wounds. Axiostat ® stops moderate to severe bleeding – cut, abrasion, tear, venous or arterial bleeding. Intended for use on gunshot wounds, scalp and extremity cuts, lacerations, abrasions, puncture wounds, and patients with hematopoietic disorders or patients on blood thinners.
Axiostat prevents blood loss by providing an active mechanical barrier to the bleeding site. Axiostat is a sterile, nonabsorbable hemostatic dressing designed to control bleeding within minutes of application by providing an active mechanical barrier to the bleeding site. Axiostat ® accelerates blood clotting and reduces blood loss resulting from gunshot wounds, stab wounds, scalp and limb cuts, lacerations. It is the best hemostatic dressing and is an integral part of the military first aid kit. Axiostat MIL88 (Military) Widely used by defense forces around the world to control bleeding and reduce blood loss from gunshot wounds and blast injuries. It is also recommended for patients with hematopoietic diseases. The Axiostat comes in a camouflaged, durable metal package. It is easily portable and can withstand extreme temperatures.
Instructions for use:
1. Tear open the Axiostat package.
2. Apply pressure to the Axiostat until the dressing adheres to the wound.
3. After applying Axiostat, it is necessary to fix it with a leucoplast or other type of fixing bandage. Axiostat may be left on the wound for up to 24 hours.
4. To remove the Axiostat, moisten with saline and gently remove.